Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
Suzie-Q

Default Mold/Mildew on air bed/mattress

I sleep on one of those "air beds" -- the ones that are the same
sizes as regular mattresses but of a higher quality than a common
air mattress. The one I have has a "velour top." I also have an
egg-carton type foam pad on top of the mattress. I cover both with
a typical mattress pad, then a sheet. I also sleep with two pillows.

Today I decided to wash the sheets and the mattress pad. When I took
the mattress pad off the foam pad lifted off too.

To my surprise and disgust, there was mold/mildew (which is which?)
on the air bed/mattress where my head goes!

My questions:

How the heck does this happen, and why only under my pillows/head?

What's the best way to clean it? (I don't want to have to inhale
bleach fumes when I'm trying to sleep.)

Is there some way to prevent this from happening in the future? (Aside
from airing the bed out every day.)

Thanks in advance.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~
"I reserve the absolute right to be smarter
today than I was yesterday." -Adlai Stevenson

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/*****games/
Old 06-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #2
Choreboy

Default Re: Mold/Mildew on air bed/mattress

Suzie-Q wrote:
>
> I sleep on one of those "air beds" -- the ones that are the same
> sizes as regular mattresses but of a higher quality than a common
> air mattress. The one I have has a "velour top." I also have an
> egg-carton type foam pad on top of the mattress. I cover both with
> a typical mattress pad, then a sheet. I also sleep with two pillows.
>
> Today I decided to wash the sheets and the mattress pad. When I took
> the mattress pad off the foam pad lifted off too.
>
> To my surprise and disgust, there was mold/mildew (which is which?)
> on the air bed/mattress where my head goes!
>
> My questions:
>
> How the heck does this happen, and why only under my pillows/head?

Egg-carton foam pads are made with molds.

>
> What's the best way to clean it? (I don't want to have to inhale
> bleach fumes when I'm trying to sleep.)

Borax and vinegar or ammonia in water may wash mold away, and the borax
residue inhibits regrowth. Studies of miners show that borax is pretty
harmless to humans.
>
> Is there some way to prevent this from happening in the future? (Aside
> from airing the bed out every day.)

Don't use pillows.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #3
janderson8294

Smile Moldy mattress

Hi Suzy,

Just to let you know, you're not alone. My husband's side of our air mattress consistently gets all moldy. Mine never does. The only difference between us is that he showers at night and doesn't wear a nightshirt. Ironically, he is always complaining that I'm a furnace and too hot to sleep near. You'd think my side would be the moldy one. I wear pajamas and use pillows. We've also just added a memory foam topper but his side got moldy on three previous air mattresses when we didn't have a memory foam topper. We're going to try to clean it with the vinegar and water. Will post results.

I also researched the claim that foam toppers are made from mold and couldn't find supporting information.

Jennifer
janderson8294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:44 AM   #4
ccc1545mkl

Default Ray Ban Cl

It was also eye opening being attached with the Trauma Orthopaedic team. Despite there being less patients leading up to Chinese New Year,Ray Ban Clubmaster Viola, I was given the opportunity to scrub into modern operating theatres with similar facilities and equipment to those in Sydney. Because an anaesthetic bay for patient preparation is not a common finding in hospitals,Ray Ban Occhiali Uomo Vista, it was fascinating to see the surgical team work culture taking long tea breaks between procedures during preparation by other staff.
In an effort to gain more from Social Media outlets,Gafas Sol Ray Ban 3211, Sunglass Hut launched a "Full time Fabulous" contest in 2010. The contest showcased the top bloggers of the week, being voted for by fans who visited the Sunglass Hut website. The winner was a New Yorker Kristy Elena.
Hester and Nein were both awarded Silver Stars for their actions that day. Hester keeps hers in a box in her closet at home. It's a big gold star with a little silver star in the middle of it. Few supporters of the bill made themselves publicly known, but the bill was backed by FirstEnergy Corp. And Canton based Timken,Ersatzgläser Ray Ban 3364, which manufactures and markets bearings, transmissions, gearboxes, chain, and relate products.Ohio tried a new combination of lethal injection drugs in the January execution of Dennis McGuire. Witnesses said McGuire took an unexpectedly long time to die and was gasping for a time after the drugs were administered.Attorney General Mike DeWine said the General Assembly needed to change state law so executions could resume once the moratorium ended.House Bill 663 shields for 20 years the identities of compounding pharmacies,Precio Gafas De Ver Ray Ban Wayfarer, which make doses of execution drugs.
But since it came out in 2011,Ray Ban Größen, when most anime on the air was crap, it became a sensation. Then Shaft began to churn out tons of merchandise and spinoffs,Ray Ban Clubmaster 901, and it became even bigger for no good reason. Madoka was decent but its not the anime masterpiece you guys make it up to be.Since 2010 there EVER been a season with nothing but Anime Big Macs being released? Come on, besides Winter 2011? Korewa no Zombie Desu Ka? was fun, it fanservicey but hey don deny what they are and go along with it so can get too mad at them.Also Mazinkaiser SKL, that was AWESOME!Also, NO ONE was expecting Madoka to be as succesful as it was,Code Promo Optical Center Ray Ban, they just threw it to be a sincere anime done with effort and guess what? It paid,Oakley Brille Frauen, it was an unique formula, it was a ballsy move and it paid off.Also it been 4 years and people STILL talk about it,Ray Ban Optische Brillen Preis, do they still talk about Infinite Stratos that doesn have to do with boning the girls? Of course not,Amazon Ray Ban 2140, Madoka has staying power and I can assure you, another 4 years from now,Oakley Deutschland München, people will STILL talk about Madoka.Yes it probably had a bit of luck,Lunette Soleil Ray Ban Aviator Noir, but that doesn mean it is a great anime,Ray Ban Wayfarer Stockholm, it wasn the anime we deserved but it was the anime we needed,Lunettes Ray Ban Femme 2015, it was the anime the MG genre needed..
????????

Ray Ban Erika Uomo Indossati 1438

Contrefaçon Ray Ban 4050

Ray Ban Wayfarer Folding 4105 5781

Ray Ban Para Ver Mujer 6910
ccc1545mkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:48 AM   #5
hx0x1fd42t

Default Ray-Ban Su

He said he first realised he was a paedophile in his mid 20s. 'It is not the only thing I am but it plays a large part in the make up of who I am as a person,Ray-Ban Sunglasses For Ladies In India,' he said.'I would much prefer not to have these feelings and these attractions but I have them, and that's difficult. I have an age of attraction that starts, depending on the individual,Ray-Ban Rb4125 Cats 5000 Oversized, as low as five,Oakley Dart Sunglasses South Africa, roughly.
Tie that tie around your head and party like no tomorrow. Embrace the tie,How To Become An Abercrombie Kids Model, but more importantly embrace yourself. I realized I felt like I should dress to be attractive but not seem overdone. He's the only three time All American at two different schools (Illinois and Purdue) in the history of college football. He loved playing for the University of Illinois,Promotion Code For Abercrombie Kids, especially with his brother Louis. I know he and Ray Eliot communicated regularly during the war.
You see Curly left her for Hollywood. But she was a strong woman. Her name was (Marguerite) Van Kessel. Over the next few years,Nike Air Max Leopard Grijs, Proa continued to teach at New Gate while playing a prominent volunteer role in the AAU. As its national aquatics chairman,Ray Ban 3362 Polarized, he was in Largo in 2005 for a major diving meet. At their annual convention in Hawaii in 2006,Michael Kors Brillen Damen, fellow AAU members elected him a regional representative..
1. Some people have reported having high levels of lead and mercury in their system,Nike Air Max Nieuwe Collectie 2015, possible form old dental fillings. Mercury and other heavy metals interfere with enzymes and digestion. Just as looking at visual aids will remind your child of your words,Abercrombie Fitch Dameskleding, so too will singing a song about getting dressed for cold weather. Make up your own tune or set your song to a tune she already knows,Oakley Men39s Jackets, such as the alphabet song or Old MacDonald Had a Farm. For example,Nike Air Max 90 Winkel, if you chose the latter,Ray Ban Aviator Sale Mumbai, the lyrics might be something like "When it is so cold outside,Abercrombie Jean Jacket, this is what we wear.
On the weekends it often helps to get a massage in order to heal our muscles and support our healing process. Choose a great local spa and reward yourself with a long soak and body massage! You deserve this after working all these days towards your goals. Giving yourself small rewards is an integral part of any goal setting. We try and aim to spur and start discussions over questions while remaining respectful to each other. You expect to see a lot of smart people wearing glasses, so you notice them more, and tend to ignore the smart people with good vision,Goedkope Michael Kors Horloges, and less smart people with glasses. There also the possibility that you assume a person is smarter than they actually are just because they wearing glasses..

18-29-121821

Abercrombie And Fitch Winter Jackets 8607

Ray Ban Glasses Frames Ebay 0371

Oakley Asian Fit Half Jacket Xlj Sunglasses 4224
hx0x1fd42t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:43 AM   #6
74kjjkel78f

Default Nike Air M

Pass on this one folks. It was one of the worst risottos I have ever had. The glazed carrots on the other hand were a complete delight. Make an effort to give your partner one sincere compliment every day. Not only will it make them feel loved and closer to you,Nike Air Max 1 Safari Mint, it will also become a habit. After a while,Oakley Polarized Flak Jacket Lenses, the compliments will be flowing from both of you so will the love..
Back to school sales are beginning to set in stores. If you are an early prepared shopper,Michael Kors Horloges Limburg, then you can be the September rush. Depending on your sense of style,Ray Ban Aviators Sunglasses Uk, there are many varies of clothes to choose from. Your writing gets small. Fewer words. But cleaner,Ray Ban Sunglasses Replacement Parts Australia, you hope. Google (GOOG +0.7%) has begun offering the first version of Google Glass (provided earlier this year to a limited number of developers/enthusiasts) to certain subscribers of its All Access music subscription service. Ahead of the launch,Michael Kors Iphone Nederland, Google has been busy creating a developer ecosystem,Abercrombie Kids Nederland, and plenty of businesses have been coming up with use cases. He notes the product created a lot of social tension "Again and again,Abercrombie And Fitch Jacket Men, I made people very uncomfortable.
Weddings are known for their celebratory toasts and guests raising their glasses to the happy couple. For most engaged couples,Oakley Frogskin Amsterdam, a well stocked bar for the wedding dinner or reception is a must. A prominent Salt Lake City caterer shares their best tips when it comes to stocking the bar for couples tackling the DIY wedding.. It was a run of dreams! I have never had a chance to go to Peru,Oakley Sunglasses 1990S, but I have seen some of the beautiful pictures of mountains and clouds leaving the top of the mountains exposed,Ray Ban Predator 2 Prescription, as I was running down the mountain,Coupons For Hollister May 2015, I was thinking that probably that is what Peru looks like. I loved every moment running down that canyon. If I had had a camera,Ray Ban Sunglasses Wayfarer Sale, I would have taken a gazillion pictures.
Adults are no more behind. They can also use light up glasses to pour their alcoholic drinks. Although special glasses are available for drinking wines and alcohol as mentioned above like margarita/grappa/martini etc yet light up glasses are a funky option. The Suit Hire Ireland companies have wide range of clothes that one desire to have for the perfect event. Several companies have a varied range of Tux hire that is well designed and reasonable. Moreover,How Do I Become A Hollister Model, it gives you right impression, class,Nike Air Max Light Wit Zwart, and style.
????????

Ray Ban Rb3025 W3276 9677

Hollister Wallet Men 0970

Michael Kors Horloge Chain 6534

Abercrombie Bestellen 9818
74kjjkel78f is offline   Reply With Quote